Medical and biological and medical and sanitary provision of sportsmen of national teams of the Russian Federation.
Decree of the Government of the RF dated October 17, 2009 No. 812 authorized the FMBA of Russia to be responsible for:
- Medical and biological and medical and sanitary provision of sportsmen of national teams of the Russian Federation and their nearest reserve, including detailed medical examination of sportsmen
- Organizational guidance and coordination of activities of health care organizations in sports medicine
Priorities of the management of sports medicine organization in 2010:
1. Formation of a profile Department, preparation and publication of regulatory and legal regulations
2. Coordination of work with the Ministry of Sports and Tourism on agreeing staff of sports physicians, lists of sportsmen, etc.
3. Conducting of thorough medical examination of all sportsmen of national team under agreed lists (2 times a year) and solving the issue of admission in case of deviations
4. The increase in standard on provision with medications, dietary supplements, medical devices from 250 rubles to 500 rubles per day per sportsmen for the duration of training camps as part of basic pharmacy support followed by uninterrupted medical and biological accompaniment
5. Forming of tasks for scientific and research support of medicine in sports of the highest achievements
6. Personnel issues: raising wages to medical personnel, depending on qualifications, and increase in number of medical staff in national teams
Measures taken to address priorities in 2010:
1. All sportsmen of national teams shall be assigned to the 12 health facilities of the FMBA of Russia
2. A mechanism of feedback on results of in-depth medical examinations is developed
3. Departmental target program on core activities of medical support of sportsmen for 2011-2013 with total funding of 6.5 billion rubles is prepared and approved.
Results of activities of the FMBA of Russia in the field of medicine in sports of highest achievements in 2010
1. A list of sportsmen of national teams of Russia is created; currently there are 8300 people in the list
2. Thorough medical examination of sportsmen is carried out 2 times a year in accordance with the approved schedule
3. Standard to provide with medications, dietary supplements, medical devices is increased from 250 rubles to 500 rubles per day per sportsmen for the duration of training camps
4. Within the approved target program funding of research support of medicine in sports in the amount of 200 mln. rubles/year and modernization of Agency’s subordinate agencies involved in medical support of national teams in the amount of 618 million rubles is approved.
5. Wages for doctors of national teams is increased from 15-17 thousand rubles up to 45-70 thousand rubles, masseurs from 12-14 thousand rubles to 25-35 thousand rubles.
There was provided medical care of the First Summer Youth Olympic Games in August 2010 in Singapore and medical support of test events – Russian Cup and the European Cup in alpine skiing in the village Krasnaya Polyana.
The first in Europe multi-disciplinary laboratory was commissioned. On March 1, 2011 the head of the FMBA of Russia issued a decree "On target plan for recruitment of doctors in sports medicine". By the end of 2011 it was planned to fully staff national teams with doctors and therapists. For the period 2011-2012 there will be held certification for all medical personnel.
Tasks of the Department of organization of sports medicine for 2011-2013
1. Establish a mechanism of interaction sports physician-coach-sportsmen
2. In 2011 complete staffing of sports teams with doctors and masseurs. For the period 2011-2012 hold certification of personnel to include an intensive course of advanced training
3. Provide doctor of national team with sets of portable equipment of different specification depending on the type of sports
4. Ensure continuity of basic pharmacy support focusing on individual groups of sportsmen
5. Create a unified Center of sports medicine in Moscow focusing world experience involving foreign specialists
6. Create Clinic of sports medicine in Sochi
7. Tracking algorithm to support sportsmen on on-site serious events
8. Create a unified information and logistics center of operational data processing including indicators of sportsmen’s health
9. Complete monitoring and approve mechanism for application of new research and developments in the field of sports medicine
10. Advocate a status of sports medicine physician with formation of a unified team spirit in conjunction sportsmen-coach-sports doctor-therapist
In 2011 in the framework of researches there were developed and pre-tested innovative technology of medical and biological and medical and sanitary provision to prepare national teams of the Russian Federation.
1. The underlying technology of assessment of genetic status and comprehensive proteagenomic and metabolic survey of person at different types of sports activities.
2. The underlying technology for monitoring and correction of immunodeficiencies in sportsmen of the highest qualification.
3. The underlying technology and personalized asthma management programs of highly qualified sportsmen.
4. Basic and model programs of pharmacy support to train highly qualified sportsmen.
5. Methods of application of low-intensity laser radiation in highly qualified sportsmen.
6. Methods of application of low-intensity magnetic-laser radiation in highly qualified sportsmen.
7. The underlying technology of oxygen-helium therapy using portable and mobile technology.
Methods of application of lasers and programs of pharmacy support developed by organizations of Ministry of Sport and Tourism of Russia.
In 2012 technologies after consultations with the Ministry of Sport and Tourism of Russia will be given to teams for implementation.
Medical support of Paralympic Sport
Medical aspects of sportsmen’s classification. Special rehabilitation programs. Provision of supplements, medicines and medical devices. Specialized program of deep medical examination in accordance with the order of the Ministry of Health and Social Development of Russia dated 09.08.2010 No. 613
According to plans of sports federations and applications of national teams since January 1, 2011 till nowadays 714 sportsmen of national teams of Russia for Paralympic sports have been carefully examined in health institutions of the FMBA of Russia.
Implementation of innovative technologies of medical and biological support and training of sportsmen of national teams of the Russian Federation.
Development and implementation of target complex training programs of Russian sportsmen for the Olympic Games. Development of innovative technologies of medical support of Paralympic Sport
Research and development activities on medical and biological and physiological provision of sportsmen with spinal cord injury, blind sportsmen and others are planned. Use results of in-depth medical examination for personalization of technologies of medical and biological support of Paralympic sportsmen.