Main page > Activities > The main activities > Department on organization of scientific researches Tasks and functions.
Department on organization of scientific researches Tasks and functions
Extract from the regulation of Department on organization of scientific researches of the Federal Medical and Biological Agency
I. General provisions
1. Department on organization of scientific researches of the Federal Medical and Biological Agency (hereinafter – management) is a structural unit part of the Federal Medical and Biological Agency.
2. The its work the Department shall be guided by the Constitution of the Russian Federation, federal constitutional laws, federal laws, decrees and orders of the President of the Russian Federation, decisions and orders of the Government of the Russian Federation, regulations and orders of the Ministry of Health and Social Development of the Russian Federation, orders and instructions of the FMBA of Russia and by this Regulation.
3. Department is headed by head, who reports directly to the head of the FMBA of Russia and Deputy Head of the FMBA of Russia in charge of Department.
Head of the Department has deputy (deputies). In the absence of head of the Department management of the Department is responsibility of one of his deputies.
4. Activities of the Department are based on current and future planning, combination of one-man management in addressing business issues and collegiality in their discussion, personal responsibility of each employee of the Department on current situation in the area entrusted to him and implementation of individual assignments.
5. Department in its work interacts with structural units of the FMBA of Russia and within its competence - with public authorities, structural units of federal executive bodies, bodies of state power of the Russian Federation subjects and subordinate organizations of the FMBA of Russia.
6. The structure and staffing of the Department are approved by the head of the FMBA of Russia within the payroll fund and number of personnel, taking into account registry of positions of federal state civil service and regulations defining normative number of personnel in relevant units after presentation of the Head of the Department agreed with the Deputy Head of the FMBA of Russia responsible for science issues.
The staffing of the Department includes positions of federal state civil service provided by legislation of the Russian Federation and also may include positions that are not positions of federal state civil service.
II. Functions and tasks of the Department
7. Department is designed to provide a comprehensive authority of the FMBA of Russia in the field of implementation of state scientific policy in the field of study of influence of factors of physical, chemical and biological nature on the health of personnel of enterprises with dangerous conditions and people living near these areas.
8. The Department is responsible for:
8.1. Organization of work on scientific and methodological support of measures to identify and eliminate influence of high-risk factors of physical, chemical and biological nature on the health of workers of served organizations and population of served areas;
8.2. Organization of work on participation of scientific organizations in conducting of medical and sanitary events to prevent, identify causes, location and emergency recovery, radiation, chemical and biological accidents and incidents, spread of infectious diseases and mass non-infectious diseases (poisoning);
8.3. Organization of work to implement functions of state customer of federal, departmental target scientific and technical, innovative and special programs and projects in the field of activities of the FMBA of Russia;
8.4. Organization of work on interaction in the prescribed manner with authorities of foreign states and international organizations in the field of activities of the FMBA of Russia;
8.5. Organization of work to hold congresses, conferences, seminars, symposiums and other events in the established field of activity;
8.6. Organization of work on creation of advisory and expert bodies (councils, committees, sections, groups of experts) in the established field of activity;
8.7. Engaging in the prescribed manner of scientific and other organizations, scientists and experts to work out issues in the specified area;
8.8. Secure within its authorities protection of data which is a state secret;
8.9. Timely and full consideration in the specified field of activity of oral and written citizens’ applications, representatives of public organizations, taking decisions and direction of responses to applicants within the period established by legislation of the Russian Federation;
8.10. Organization of work in the field of metrology and standardization in the system of scientific and practical organizations in the field of activity of the FMBA of Russia;
8.11. Provision of work of the Government Commission on biological and chemical security of the Russian Federation in the field of activity of the FMBA of Russia;
8.12. Organizational and technical support of the Scientific and Technical Council (STC) and its sections.
8.13. Organization, coordination and monitoring of research and development works on medical and sanitary maintenance of works on destruction of nuclear and chemical weapons;
8.14.Organization and monitoring of R&D works in the field of emergency medical care in case of emergencies and possible terrorist attacks on enterprises served by the FMBA of Russia;
8.15. Organization and monitoring of R&D to develop methods and tools for prevention, diagnosis and management of radiation injuries and illnesses related to exposure of harmful chemicals and extreme adverse factors;
8.16. Participation in the development of federal, departmental targeted research programs within the profile of the Department;
8.17. Organization and provision of works on complex medical and hygienic health assessment of personnel, people in areas of closed administrative-territorial formations (CATF), served by the system of the FMBA of Russia;
8.18. Organization of research and development works for creation and maintenance of staff registers of enterprise's served by the FMBA of Russia, and populations exposed to ionizing radiation and chemical factors, to identify critical groups in need of further medical supervision and preventive measures;
8.19. Organization of work in the field of regulation and medical and biological and chemical and analytical testing of civilian and service weapons. Representation in the prescribed manner to the Ministry of Health and Social Development of materials to enable use of tear-irritant substances meeting requirements of the Russian legislation on gas weapon;
8.20. Organization of work on accreditation of analytical laboratories in supervised research organizations to conduct medical examinations of mass outbreaks of disease in humans at the likely impact of biological and chemical factors and injurious effects of civil arms;
8.21. Participation in the organization of placement of state order for execution of works in the established field of activity by holding competitions, request of quotations or other methods of procurement in accordance with the legislation of the Russian Federation with a view to exercise powers conferred on the FMBA of Russia by the Russian Federation;
8.22. Participation together with the Planning and Financial Department in preparation of budget requests for funding of research and development activities;
8.23. Participation in the competition committee to replace vacant position of heads of subordinate research organizations;
8.24. Organization of work in the field of international cooperation on major issues of scientific and technological activities of the FMBA of Russia and evaluation of results of this cooperation;
8.25. Organization and conducting due diligence of research organizations administered by the Department; preparation of proposals to management of the FMBA of Russia;
8.26. Development and organizational and administrative regulations and methodologies in terms of powers vested in the Department;
8.27. Organizational and methodological guidance of research organizations of the FMBA of Russia supervised by the Department.
9. Department also performs other functions and tasks assigned by management of the FMBA of Russia.